Tuesday, May 20, 2008

They call me "The Crawling Monster", but I am actually "The Walking Type"

Well, slicing my thumb off my hand (almost) has stopped me from getting everyone updated on Abbie's progresses in life-research.
She is now crawling *BIG TIME*. She has started to go around and getting herself in all sorts of trouble! I am having a hard-time keeping up, you'll understand: I am no spring chicken. The little one is making me bite her dust alright! It is so funny to see her zip around, sometimes she still will creepy-crawl on her tummy: when she is worn out but still wants to go places. We had to childproof the electrical outlets in a fury, because that's the first thing she will go for. She has been opening the drawers in her room, getting her toy boxes out of the bookshelf. I often find her sitting up with both legs sticking out of the crib: somehow, even the bumpers can't keep her confined. I suspect she is trying to get out. She is still not able to get out of the crib, thanks heavens, so maybe she is trying to squeeze out. Fat chance, chubby baby!
Not only that, but since she has been pulling herself on a standing position, she has been trying to walk. When we play, she uses whatever part of me is handy (nose, ears, hair, knees) to get up, then she tries to move a few wobbly steps. I grabbed her by the hands, yesterday, and she moved several steps forward, and then started chirping oh so excited! She had the biggest smile on her face, and looked at me as if saying: "Did you JUST SEE THAT?!" She was just so proud of herself, and rightly so!
I am looking forward to all developments in the saga, but for now suffice to say that Miss Birdie is having the time of her life, so much so that naps are, again, drama time. She is shedding her morning nap already, they get shorter and shorter, and sooner or later they will just disappear. *Sigh*. I will miss that 1 1/2 hour of me-time, said the selfish mother.So, I am watching my little baby grow and soon she will be a "toddler". How did we get so far ahead in such a short time?!?

No comments: