Monday, May 26, 2008

A Day in Middleburg

We all went to Middleburg today, and Abbie had a few new experiences.  First of all, she was so excited about the flowers that were blooming all over the place!  She wanted to grab them, eat them, smell them, and was able to actually touch a few, briefly, without pulling them off. Abbie was fascinated by the Dogwoods, and the Peonies (which happen to be one of my favorite flowers). She then had her very first experience with grass...  and did not like it!  I expected for her to be thrilled, and instead she cried: I guess that she did notexpect the prickly feeling, and did not much care for it.  It was funny to see her expression when we first sat her down: as if saying "what the in the world?!?". Eventually, though, Abigail's curiosity took over for a few minutes, and she started exploring the new element. She grabbed the grass between her little fingers, and sort of caressed it. But she also made it clear that she was not enjoying herself, not truly.

We then took her over to some trees, and she really liked touching their trunks and leaves, and was happy when I sat her down on a lower branch. I think that being up there gave Abbie a different perspective of the world. She was looking all around her, then up, then down. But she was totally comfortable!  We took a lot of pictures, and we could not have asked for a better setting.  The weather was splendid, and everything was perfect.  We really enjoyed our family outing today, and are looking forward for a few more this summer!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the cutest blogs I have seen in a while. I wish I had done that for my twins. They are now two years old, and I have forgotten a lot of details from the first years. Reading your blog some things come back to mind!
Could you please email me at elderrobbins@yahoo.com? I would love your input on a blog project!!! It would mean a lot to me.
Rosalie Adams
York, PA

BOSSY said...

Bossy used to live in Middleburg! At the spit-dust intersection of Pothouse and Snake Hill, and no Bossy is not making that up.

Carole said...

OMG!!!!! One of my most worshipped Blog Legends just posted a comment on *my* itty bitty blog!!! I feel sooooooo special! Thanks, Bossy! I simply *LOVE* your blog, keep up the good work!!!