Saturday, May 24, 2008

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotted Mind

Two things I have been reflecting on lately. One, Life is Truly Bizarre.  And, two, Life is Truly Amazing. For the Bizarre part (and yes, I meant to capitalize The B), Abigail, the unknown variable, had the greatest of days today.  Just as I was expecting another Day in Limbo, she woke up all smiles and cuteness. Iaidada, Ahta' and Abbie spent part of the day in Fairfax Corner, I got a latte, walked around, took pictures.  Unknown Variable was totally affable, quiet and playful. Where did yesterday's little monster go?  I had no sooner told my husband what a pain in the neck she was than she decides she is going to get back in my good graces with her smiles and her loveliness, slobbery kisses and sweet babbles.  In all fairness, she never did fall from grace: she heaves up my existence.

I have loved many people in my life, some with ferocious intensity and depth.  Some of these people are long gone and only a memory in my spotted mind.  Some are still here by my side.  But nothing ever does compare to the love I feel for my Abigail, my one eternal sunshine. She makes it all worth it: the worries, the sleepless nights, the fatigue, the sacrifices  -- they are absolutely nothing compared to her somewhat clumsy caresses and loud pitch chirping: a good day with my little babe.


Yup.  Life is Truly Amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. In fact, it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your feelings with such candor. That's what keeps me coming to your site.
Sharon