Friday, May 23, 2008

A Day in Washington D.C.

Yesterday we went to Washington, D.C. to have lunch with my good friend Demaris.  We had a very enjoyable afternoon, and Abbie was finally introduced to my friend Shanda, and was able to see her "Godless Mother", Nancy, for a few minutes. They all were so sweet to her :-)  At first, she exhibited the now common "stranger anxiety" symptoms: cried when picked up by any of them, or when away from me for more that second.  But as the day progressed, she became more comfortable, and even let Demaris hold her and play with her!

She made new friends at the restaurant: one of the waitresses just fell in love with her on our way to the bathroom, and came to see Abbie once again while we were eating.  The people sitting next to us befriended her, and when they left they talked to her for a few minutes and said "goodbye", and she waved to them.  She also had her first experience on a restaurant high-chair (yes, I don't get to go out a lot...).  She seemed totally comfortable.  She looked at everything and everyone while we walked around: she is certainly not accustomed to all the chaotic coming and going of people and cars.

 

I was so glad to see Demaris and for her and my daughter to meet.  Demaris was so sweet to Abigail, and I realized how much I have missed her calm ways, and her sweetness.  She is such a lovely person and always had such a calming effect on me.  We will get together sometime soon, so that Abbie can meet and play with Dali and Miki.  I can't wait!!!

No comments: