Friday, May 16, 2008

Standing up and The Affair of the Crawling

Life is unpredictable. Yesterday evening I was talking with my friend Katy about our kids, and she informed me that Little Miss Julia has been pulling herself to a standing position for a few days. While I though that was totally remarkable, I also felt that I am not ready for Abbie to do that, just yet... Don't ask me why. So, I felt relieved that I still don't have to worry about this phase. Visions of bumping heads, chewing on crib rails, pulling on shelves for support, and other unpleasant images popped in my head for a second, but quickly vanished together with my sigh of relief.
This morning, Little Miss Abigail decided to show me who's running the show, to dissipate any confusion. While we were playing on the big bed, she put her hands on me and got herself on a standing position! Just like that! I was aghast! I jumped up, grabbed her, and hugged her really tight! My little girl is standing up on her itty bitty self. She had the biggest grin on her face, and blew raspberries until she run out of steam. Today she held on to everything she could find, and got herself up. Over and over. When we were in the nursery, I had the radio on, and she started dancing while standing up and holding on to the chair! How cute!!!!
Also, I have noticed that when Abbie gets on her four to crawl, she sticks out one of her legs, to the side, and starts to push up, as if she were trying to get on her feet... She did it many times today, and while she hasn't figured out how it works, she has the basics down. She *almost* got herself up, once, but her little body is not strong enough yet. My goodness, I can't believe how fast she is growing. She will be nine months in 11 days, and in the same amount on time that she spent in my tummy, she has already developed into an independent, adventurous, curious, unstoppable little munchkin! She has changed so much! I miss the days when she was just this grunting, babbling little thing. But I am enjoying every step of the way, and how could I not: I'm in love!

No comments: