Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Grouchy Abbie

Boy, what a day we had today. Abbie was a total GROUCH all day!!! She had the most incomprehensible crying fits: she'd cry for a few seconds, then would be just fine for a few more, then she'd start crying again and so forth. I have to admit, it was tough.
She slept poorly too. Only 2 half-hour naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, which did not help matters.
After a whole day of this, I was happy when her daddy got home. I outstretched my arms to him while holding her, and said "here you go!".
I love my little bug, but she was a pest today!!!! What I find interesting, though, is that in the afternoon she got on her fours, and held the pose for a while. Now, she has been... creeping around, not quite crawling. Oh, she is able to go places alright, scooting on her butt or on her tummy, but has never officially crawled, even though she has been trying hard. Today was the first time that she got herself up as if revving her engines, ready to go! It was exciting! I am sure that's the reason why she did not sleep well and was so unbearable. My little baby is working things out, and getting a firmer grasp on the things that she wants to do. As paradoxical as that might sound, it makes perfect sense for a baby: their world is ever changing, ever forming, and Abbie is just getting herself ready to discover even more! And I will be here, waiting for it to happen, and applauding her and cheering for her every step of the way. Even when she is a grouch.

No comments: