Thursday, May 8, 2008

A rose for Abigail

Abigail and I went flower shopping today. We had so much fun! We went to Merrifield Gardens here in Fairfax, and I carried her in her Baby Bjorn while I walked all over the nursery. She was so excited, the sun was high in the sky and it was nice and warm, the perfect temperature! As usual, Abbie received a lot of compliments from people, including an old couple who talked to her for a while, and she just giggled and clapped the whole time.
We looked at flowers to plant in our little balcony as I do every year, and picked out the most amazingly colored Geraniums, which she seemed very excited about: she tried to grab the flowers, and of course, eat them. Then I took her to see the roses. Does she like roses! She could not stop fidgeting the way she does when she is excited, she stretched to touch them, and when I got her close to a rose to smell it, she just had the biggest, brightest smile on that cute face of hers. So I thought: let's get you your very own rose plant! And I told her, "choose the one you like the most" as I went about the plants. I picked out a light pink colored rose plant which she seemed to like: she got *really* fidgety when she saw it. I though it was perfect: a pink rose for Abbie. We planted it once we got home, with her dad. Abigail's rose! A beautiful flower for my beautiful girl.

No comments: