Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sitting up! -- And other alluring situations.

Sweet little Abbie gave me the most wonderful Mother's Day gift: she is getting herself to a sitting position from lying down all by her itty bitty self! She has been trying for the last couple of weeks and was actually successful (amid various grunts) even before today, many times... But this morning it was perfect! Effortless, gracious, just like second nature, one swift motion (or two). She is able to get herself in a sitting position from laying on her back as well as her tummy. Yay!! My fault entirely, that it has taken her so long: every single time I saw her trying, I would mindlessly help her and lift her up. I had to force myself in the last couple of days to *let her do her thing*! Sure enough, she pulled it off in a jiffy.
Then, the creepy-crawling is seriously getting out of control. I don't know *why*, exactly, I am still in denial about the fact that the little munchkin is able to get herself places... Just because she is not crawling a mile a second, doesn't mean that she is *not* crawling, right? She is going all over the house, I just cannot keep her confined anymore. Yesterday, she happily arrived to the electric outlets in her room, and today she started exploring the ones downstairs. I turn my head for a second, and she is already half way across the living room. Time for the stair gates, the electric outlet kiddie-proof plugs, and whatever else we need to safeguard Miss Curiosity. On top of it all, we have to lower the crib (should have already done it, really!!), since she has been trying to climb out of it. More often than not, when I go pick her up, her head is bobbing over the railing: she uses the bumpers to climb up, even though she cannot stand up yet. She also tries to climb out the bathing tub and the kiddie pool... Whew... Lots to do, things to buy, places to go, right, Abbie?
Yes, she definitely agrees.

No comments: