Saturday, December 6, 2008

Catching the Sun

Abbie has been fascinated by the sun, lately. Normally, she loves basking in the sun, she never seems to get enough. And in the last few days... she has been trying to catch it!

I am changing Abigail's diaper, and as she lies in her changing pad, a ray of sunshine floats above her head. She smiles, and extends a hand waiving it in the air as if to grab that sunlit gleam that kisses her soft skin. She laughs, and looks at me as if saying: "Mammy, this is rather amusing, I don't get it! Why can't I hold it?". She gracefully opens and closes her little fingers around the weightless spark of light in a calculated fashion. It's just so sweet. Inevitably, as with most things, Abbie sees the humor in it, and laughs heartedly as she clutches both hands together around the flecks of dust that dance around in the sun light.

I don't know why, but I love it. It's endearing, to me, to see my little girl bathing her hands in the winter sunshine, trying to make it her own.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's one of the cutest posts, Carol!!!