Sunday, November 30, 2008

Domestic Abigail

I have recently realized that I really have no cause to complain about housekeeping chores. Yes, I don't have a cleaning lady, and yes I do all the laundering, the ironing, the cleaning, the vacuuming, the sweeping, the dusting, the dishwashing, the tidying-up, you name it. But, in all honesty, when push comes to shove, I get a lot of help.

Abbie assists me in all chores, tirelessly and consistently. Of all things, she loves mopping the floor, and vacuuming the rugs. Whenever I get the Swiffer out, she grabs it and, without me even asking, starts working her magic. Here are some pictures I took a couple of months ago to prove my point...



What I like the most is that the kid doesn't cut any corners: she does a thorough job, she'll even mop under the furniture.


When I vacuum the rugs in the living room, she's definitely a big help, too: while I vacuum one of them, she'll tackle the other, with her popper... Back and forth, back and forth, under the chairs, back and forth, and once again.

Another one of her favorite chores is getting dishes in and out of the dishwasher: she'll climb onto the dishwasher's open door and start grabbing stuff and handing it to me. Then she'll climb off and close the dishwasher's door. She'll bend down, and lift that big door, pushing it in until it clicks shut.

I have to admit, I don't know what I would do without her... It's such a big relief to have a little assistant taking care of the house with me every day. So, I really am out of line when I say that "I keep up with the house".

There is no "I" in TEAM!!!

No comments: