Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Abbie the Social Butterfly

So many social engagements, so little time.

Miss Abigail has been a busy girl lately, meeting friends at all hours of the day, as long as it is between 2 pm and 5 pm (a girl needs her beauty nap!). On Sunday, she met a few good friends at Burke Lake. I wanted to take her on the Choo-Choo train, but time went by fast! Miss Chatterbox played with her friends, and walked and ran all over the park with Da-dee. It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, and she had so much fun. I love to see that grin on her face, the "I'm-having-fun" grin, it makes it all worthwhile.

Today, she went to visit Julia and David, and had a grand ole time again. She really likes being in their company. She kept on looking at Julia, studying every move she made. Abigail is truly fascinated by the "big baby". She and David loved to play "I-want-what-you-have" and "What's-mine-is-mine-and-what's-yours-is-mine", and without too much drama they took toys away from each other. I am trying to teach Abigail the meaning of "sharing" any chance I get, it's never too late to lay the foundation for good manners, right? Later on, Bridget, Aidan and JP joined us as well. Bridget took a shining to me, and was always close by and demanding my attention, so Abbie came by a couple of times, hugged me tight and put her head on me with a few vocal exclamations - to set the record straight about whose mother I am. That was so cute :) My baby is jealous!!! :)

I have noticed that she is becoming more possessive, and likes to get involved in whatever the kid next to her is doing. So, I'm teaching her that when another kid is playing with a toy, she has to wait her turn, which is not an easy concept for her to grasp, understandably. But I think, in time, she'll be able to learn to exercise some patience.

Anyway, today was a blast, for me as well. We love the calm and welcoming atmosphere at Julia's and David's. Abbie cried when I took her to the car: she did not want to leave. Looking forward to more playdates with them, and to Clemyjontri Park on Thursday with other little friends! Her dance card is filling up quickly.





1 comment:

Tulips said...

Looks like fun!! :-)