Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Smiles! Or is it Abbies?

As I mentioned before, Abbie is, for the most part, a good eater. She eats almost everything I put on her plate, and she is learning the names of most things that she likes. Peas, tatoes (potatoes), kiken (chicken), patta (pasta), sup (soup), juice, meet (meat), samm (salmon), feesh (fish), etc...

Recently, I have started to introduce more "commercial-type" foods in her diet, and by that I mean I basically don't have as much time to cook everything from scratch like I used to, though I keep trying. So, my freezer currently hosts a range of edible items I never even knew existed -- until now -- which occasionally constitute her meals.

One of these items is McCain's Smiles, which are mashed potatoes shaped like little smiling faces. She loves them! I don't blame her, because they are good.

But the real point to this story is this: though Abigail correctly identifies the foods that she eats, she does not refer to the Smiles as "tatoes" or "Smilies", as I do. Rather, she calls them "Abbies"! She'll pick one up from the plate, wave it around, and with a grin the replicates that of the smiling shape, she'll tell me: "Abbie!!!". I have to admit: I see the similarities... don't you?