Monday, February 9, 2009

Monkey business

Abbie has a new favorite game: climbing on trees. Of course, yours truly is there to help her every step of the way -- let's be real, the kid is only 32 inches long. Be that as it may, Abigail now wants to get on every tree on the horizon.

I indulge her, of course, because I simply cannot resist that smile and that laughter once she's on a tree branch, looking around, patting the tree and reaching for an even higher branch. She's fearless. I suspect this is another trait that she gets from me: I was very much into tree climbing when I was a kid in into my teenage years (yes, I was an unusual teenager... go ahead an laugh). My mom used to say: "if you cannot see Carol in the park, look up, check the trees."

Here is a pictorial log of Abbie's first tree climbing!



No comments: