Saturday, October 18, 2008

Love Grows (and nobody knows like me)

There is a song I love, which evokes thoughts of Abigail in me, it did even before she was born: Love Grows, by Edison Lighthouse. I like how happy and funny it is, and how sweet, too. So for the past few days I have worked on a little project I've had in mind for a while - a video of Abbie for Abbie: something that she can watch when she is older and smile at.

Luck has it that Love Grows' lyrics are not too far fetched from reality nor from the feelings I have for my daughter. I only had to make a few... "adjustments" here and there! Beware: I'm a pathological perfectionist, and while the video is not quite like I wanted it to be, I decided that the quirky errors of timing and technique make it unequivocally more me. I'm leaving it like it is: a playful way to express myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! It's so cute and fun! Make one for me too? :)

Vickscuse said...

How great. You are so clever!!

Tulips said...

Very cute! You've got such creativity. She'll love it.

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is so cute! When you told me you were making a little movie about Abbie I had no idea it would turn out so special! I love the graphics, Photoshop, I assume? Good job, Carol! It's lovely, and full of love, it's special!

Danie said...

Wow--that's amazing--how on earth did you make that?!