Friday, October 10, 2008

In Loving Memory

"The music is my heart I bore, long after it was heard no more."
William Wordsworth

Once again, without warning, we have to say goodbye. Once again, we treasure the memories we have, and cry for the memories we won't be able to make together. This is for Scott. You left too soon, you left too much behind.

Our hearts go out to your family, your loving wife and your young kids. And they go out to you, for all the life you didn't get to live.

We will miss you.

Scott Winland
October 6, 1963 - October 9, 2008




_________________________________________________________



This year just won't quit.

I'm so tired of this. I promised myself I would not let it all seep through my writings on this post, but boy am I feeling tired.

Last night I couldn't sleep. After receiving the news about Scott, I just couldn't quiet my mind. I kept on thinking of him, of his family, and of how horrible it all is. I feel angry. I kept thinking of all the friends I have been blessed with knowing and cursed with loosing.

My friend Giovanni.
My friend Laura.
My friend Jim.
My friend Claudio.
My friend Carol.
My friend James.
My friend Abdul.

I remember them all, so vividly, and love them still. I miss them all. I miss knowing they are here. I miss talking to them, I miss them, I cannot believe...

I have been counting my blessings, I am so grateful for them. I don't know that I deserve all that I have been given. Actually, let me rephrase that: I know I don't. But lately, I feel defeated, picking up the pieces and making them fit again has been hard, for me.

I have one prayer, burrowed deep in my heart: Please spare Abbie from knowing the pain of such losses. It's hard to make sense of a young life that is no more. Please spare Abbie this pain. May her life be filled with wonderful memories, with loved ones, with friends, with warmth and joy, and so much hope.

2 comments:

Vickscuse said...

Hang in there! Call if you need to chat.

Anonymous said...

My name is Camille Radloff. I went to school with Scott and Brian in Germany. I was friends with both of them and our dads' worked together. Scott and I had reconnected a few years back via e-mail and then lost each other again. At that time, Brian was not online, according to Scott.
I was just trying to find them again and came across your blog. I'm so sad. Can you please e-mail me directly at camillemradloff@yahoo.com (I hardly ever check my gmail) and let me know what happened to Scott and how I might contact Brian?
Thanks!
Camille