Tuesday, April 22, 2008

BAM! Abbie and Emeril Lagasse, part deux


Abbie had her first encounter with fame today.  At our local Whole Foods, Emeril Lagasse and his crew were filming a cooking episode for his new show, "Emeril Green".  We happened to go grocery shopping today, and ta-da!!! There he was!  Cooking (yummy).   A few feet away from us, but an encounter nonetheless.  Well, I don't think he even saw us, but we saw him, so that counts, right?  We walked right by the filming cameras (and, no, I had not planned it that way, but the tomatoes I like were there!), we stared for a few seconds, and were motioned to "keep moving".  Jeeezzz. So, Abbie will be airing sometime soon!  We have to find out when.
I don't think this experience shook her to the core or anything like that.  She seemed unmoved by the whole thing, even though I kept telling her: "look, that's Emeril Lagasse over there, he has cooked for the White House!".  God only knows she has had her fair share of listening to the Food Network channel when she was still in the tummy (my masochistic way of eating food, virtually, since I could tolerate very little of the real kind!).  She was more interested in chewing my cell phone.  Speaking of eating...
Lagasse and his team are filming in Fairfax all this week...  I think I forgot to buy some organic apples...  For Abbie, not me!  What a hassle...!  We are just going to have to make another appearance tomorrow!!! Who knows, maybe we will even get to try some of those yummy concoctions!

Click for news on Emeril Lagasse and Planet Green

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest story!!! I hope you get to see your daughter on TV. She is just beautiful.

Tulips said...

We can't wait to see Abbie's televsion debut.