Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Abbie and Julia, a friendship story!

Today Abbie had a welcomed visit. Her friend Julia came over for a bit, and they just loved each other! I wonder if they have any recollection of when they were friends while in the tummy: they spent quite some time together while Julia's mommy and I strutted around together with our 20 or so extra pounds! Julia was born four days after Abigail, and they have a lot in common. Katy and I had a blast watching them sharing courtesies and friendly gestures: they pulled each other's hair, smacked each other around a little bit, all with baby giggles and laughter. I will never understand baby friendship!!! Anyone pulling my hair would never be considered a friend! Babies, strange, wonderful creatures!
Abigail waved Katy and Julia "hello" when she met them, and "bye-bye" when they left. She laughed and ate with Katy and I, while Julia had a well deserved nap in Abigail's crib. I thought that perhaps Abbie would protest seeing another baby in her little bed, but she did not mind it at all. I guess we have not reached the jealousy stage yet!
Abbie gave Julia a big sloppy kiss on the cheek to thank her for coming over to visit while they played. She is just so loving, that little one! I wonder if it is due to the fact that I kiss her all the time... Maybe she finally realizes that is a gesture of affection? Hopefully, they will play together again soon. I realize that Abbie is not used to babies -- peers -- because she does not get much interaction with them... But, boy, does she love them! It was so much fun, I loved every minute of it. Watching Abbie and Julia, such beautiful little girls, totally delighted and amazed me. As it always does.

1 comment:

Tulips said...

I love this blog entry and the pictures.

Julia loves Abigail...and her Auntie Carol, too!