Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Abbie's first snow

Abigail had an extraordinary day, today. She experienced her very first snowfall! She was mesmerized when I first opened her window in the morning, and everything was covered by a soft white blanket. She grabbed her little stool, took it over by the window, climbed on it and just stared at the snowfall for the longest time.

Finally, I bundled her up, and off we went to play in the snow! She stepped outside the house, and immediately her whole face was filled with amazement and a million questions. I explained to her that was snow. And she kept saying "sno! sno!" while putting out her hands trying to catch the elusive snowflakes. She ran and ran and ran, laughing, happy as a clam! She sat down, patted the snow, and got up again to run some more. I had a hard time keeping up with her.

We were outside for a long while, and Abbie enjoyed every second of it, she did not want to go back home. I have rarely seen her this excited and simply radiant! She tried to eat a few flakes here and there, and never grew tired of playing, squealing, running, laughing and touching the white, cold snow.

What a day! I am hoping it will snow some more: I have rejoiced every minute of her experience.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video on FB was hilarious! Cant you post it here?