Sunday, January 18, 2009

Abbie iGeneration

I have always been a big fan of Skype: anything that gives me the possibility to call Italy for hours to no end on any given day gets two thumbs way up from me.

Yesterday I was setting up a Skype account on a laptop I am giving my mom, and then I started testing it, by calling her laptop from mine, checking the sound and video quality, and so forth. I left my laptop on the table for a minute while I adjusted something on my mom's computer, and when I got back, Abigail was sitting on my chair and checking things out for herself. She had climbed on the chair dragging Duck along with her for the ride.


What she noticed right away was a picture I took of her as my wallpaper. She got really excited, started giggling and saying "Abbi-gal, Abbi-gal"...


... and making her little Duck dance on the keyboard.


Then, WOW! All of the sudden, her daddy showed up on the screen!! He was calling my computer from his own Skype account knowing that she would get a kick out of it, and she sure did! She chatted with her dad online, and was totally stoked!





She excitedly chatted with him for several minutes, touched the screen where his face was, and was totally all over the fact that she could see and hear her daddy through a computer, even though he was just at arms length. So iGeneration.

No comments: