Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lateness and the Mommy

It is common knowledge that mothers of young children are, for the most part, never on time for anything. I have found this myth to be true, so now it's a fact.

And here I am, someone who always strived to be punctual: running late for appointments, gatherings, events, and whatnot. I still hold, white-knuckled, on to a shred of dignity: I am not *always* late, but I am late often enough.

In the beginning it was because (fully conforming to the trite and posh characterization of a new mom) I was "distracted" and "inexperienced" at outings... "Will she need this or that? Where is this or that? Did you see this or that? I can't find this or that!"; "Wait, we have to go back! I forgot this or that!" I like to also blame my atypical, grotesque disorganization on lack of sleep (thank goodness for lack of sleep: counting sheep has proven to be a prime scapegoat.)

But now, I am running out of excuses: it's almost been a year since little Abigail graced my life, and I am oh so organized now - the "this or that" of this world no longer hold me back. I am always prepared. I have learned how to plan ahead, even as mom to a baby.

Except...

For all of you who do not believe me, finally caught on camera, premiering now: *this* really is the reason why I am often late!



(... Please note that, by the time I got the camera, she had been doing that for a few minutes already...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

... but what a sweet reason to be late!

Vickscuse said...

love this video!

Tulips said...

That is so cute! Had me giggling!!