Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The circle of life - In Memoriam

The tide rises, the tide falls,
The twilight darkens, the curlew calls;
Along the sea-sands damp and brown
The traveler hastens toward the town,
And the tide rises, the tide falls.

Darkness settles on roofs and walls,
But the sea, the sea in darkness calls;
The little waves, with their soft, white hands
Efface the footprints in the sands,
And the tide rises, the tide falls.

The morning breaks; the steeds in their stalls
Stamp and neigh, as the hostler calls;
The day returns, but nevermore
Returns the traveler to the shore.
And the tide rises, the tide falls.

[Henry Wadsworth Longfellow]


Our beloved friend has died on Tuedsay, June 24th, killed in Sadr City, at 10:30 pm by a bomb blast, while working as an interpreter and cultural advisor for the Provincial Reconstruction Team of Baghdad.

In memory of a great friend, a wonderful, sweet man, whom Abbie will never get to meet.

I love you. We'll miss you forever. It was my greatest honor having known you. Addio, amico mio.

5 comments:

Tulips said...

I'm so sorry. It's too late to call you now, but I'll call you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your loss, and I offer you and your family my deepest condolences.
You are in my prayers.
Rosalie

Anonymous said...

All my love to you... as always.

Anonymous said...

Oh... I have been out of town, and just now saw this. I am so sorry, it is never hard to accept a violent death like this...
You are in my prayer and thoughts, kiddo.
Be strong.